Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Keynote Speaker: Using Your Assets

When I walked into the Keynote Speaker at 9a.m., I was blown away. Not only were there hundreds of students there, but I had the opportunity to listen to the Keynote Speaker, Craig Dezern, Vice President of Global Public Relations for Disney Destinations.

I initially wasn't sure what to expect, since this was my first real session, but I was pleasantly surprised that Craig was down-to-earth and and shared stories, insight, and advice about what it takes to make it to the top at such a competitive industry - a $10 billion family vacation business no less.

What I found most important, was the advice Craig gave about going global. He said one of the most important things when you begin an international PR career is to be curious and to research; learn about the culture, experience the culture, learn basic phrases in the language, and most importantly, remain open to the destination.

Craig also gave some practical advice while still in school. What stuck out to me most was to utilize your assets. Leverage alumni, get involved in clubs, societies, and projects on campus, utilize tools you have on campus, and network! Once you graduate, you may not have those tools or those opportunities to network.

Stay tuned for more blogs, v-blogs, and helpful tips, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter @RMUPRSOCIETY.

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment